I gave up the internet for November. I didn't really explain or tell too many people before, but that is the reason for my lack of posts lately. I had big plans for my time away from the world wide web and I'm still in the process of figuring out if those goals where fully met.
But before I do that, there's something I wrote that was just one of those neat moments I feel God opened one of his windows to see him and when things like that happen, you gotta share it with others!
10/30
I completely feel like i've entered a new chapter of my life. Since being in Austin i've grown and learned things, but its almost as if i've been unwilling to turn the page, like the pages have been stuck together, but only because i've been holding them that way, unwilling to move forward. But i think i've finally turned the page, literally! I'm ready to move on and embrace new friends, new journeys and new experiences! But honestly,on a day like this, its hard not to look at whats ahead because its breathtaking. I love the fall so much!
I love how with some trees there's a progression of change; with the leaves slowly changing from green to yellow to orange to red (ok thats probably not the correct color order). It's a beautiful process. While other trees still just as magnificient are more dramatic and sudden in their winter change. Simply green to brown. What a neat correlation to life. Sometimes life has a way of beautifully changing, but its gradual so we don't always notice until new life begins to bud. But other times everything is thriving and alive and the next thing we know we're left bare and naked. But the wonder in both these instances is there is always newness on the horizon. No matter the change, there is always hope.
Another neat connection is the leaf scars left on the tree. When a tree looses its leaves for the winter, there is always a scar to mark where the leaf once lived, yet that particular leaf will no longer ever be apart of that tree (ok we could totally get into the cyle of trees and decoposing leaves that add to the nutrients of the trees and how the very leaves that fall one day do in fact go back into the tree, but I think thats a different matter entirely!) So with that being said, I think thats how change is in our lives. We can never truly go back to exact times in our lives or places, but no matter the change in us or our surroundings, the past always stays with us, is apart of us like a scar marking our journeys.
Hmm...I think this is why I love trees!! It is evident to me why God created trees (ok maybe thats a selfish thought). They give us food and life but God's beauty and life are ever present to me whenever I see a tree. I do, I LOVE trees!!
No comments:
Post a Comment