Wednesday, July 21, 2010

On the road again...

So here I am once again, in the midst of change and transition. For the last month I've wrestled with my decision to move to North Carolina and work on an organic farm or rather a homestead. I had moments where I thought to myself "well of course I'm moving to a farm! It just makes sense!" to which my brain would quickly shift to crazy town and I couldn't remember why I was leaving Austin when I was finally feeling settled and connected! I discussed this issue with several friends and family members who were very encouraging and supportive of my next adventure. Luckily at this moment I find myself  in a place of peace and excitement (Well I better be because my life is packed up in my shoebox car and i'm sitting in Birmingham). Birmingham has a cute downtown area that I just got lost in, even though I had a GPS. However, it turned out to be a great thing because I stumbled upon a farmers market and bought delicious peaches and found a cute coffee shop. Getting lost can be great fun times.

So as I turn a page, start a new chapter, step into my new adventure (dramatic Me), I want to do a better job of writing about the things I learn and experience. I love to write and my hope is that I  will have the time and motivation to do so. So much happened in my last year in Austin, but I lost my momentum to write or even process all the things going on around me. I not only walked away from blogging, but also my own journaling. I know regardless of what happens I am going to change and grow and I want to share that through my writing.

I arrive at Old Oak Homestead (which is the name of my new residence) on Saturday after staying in Asheville for a couple of days at Bon Paul and Sharky's Hostel. This particular hostel I stayed at back in February while on a road trip with my friend Juliette. I'm not to proud to say that one of the main reasons for returning to this particular hostel is its location. I'm hoping that I haven't built this up too much in my head, but on the same street as the hostel is a bakery to which I ate the MOST delicious bagel I've ever put in my mouth! It was fantastic. I most definitely will be walking down the street to get myself another homemade jalapeño bagel (maybe even two!)

1 comment:

Jess said...

oh my goodness, you left already!! I'll be in Austin next weekend, just barely miss ya! I'm super excited for you Meg and look forward to your posts :) love you so much!!