 |
| The crew listening to the wonderful live music |
I'm in love.....with this community!! Saturday night we headed down to good ol' Saxapahaw for their farmers market and live music. This is a very small community down the road from me with a wonderful general store which sells the best food!! They of course sell lots of produce and goodies locally grown and the food they make is made from local ingredients. Oh and its delicious!! I didn't really know what to expect because this place is so tiny, but there were people everywhere! Families and kiddos galore. The farmers market offered lots of options on local produce, flowers, jelly's and granola. I bought some yummy granola (even though I could easily make some), but I wanted to support the market and the old man selling it won me over with his cute sales pitch. We sat on this huge hill listening to music eating yummy food listening to good music. It was pretty perfect. While the band was on break, Katie (another WWOOFer) and I went to check out what was going on behind the hill. We discovered a wonderland!! There was a huge slip in slide for the kids made up of three huge tarps and a bubbles station! If I hadn't been in a dress, I would of definitely participated in the sliding, so I just played with bubbles for a while. And i'm not talking little bubble wands, no way, these were extreme bubbles! This man and his wife had made several bubble wands which required great skill and both hands!
 |
| I had to wait my turn at the bubble bucket |
Katie and I may have been a bit taller than most of the other bubble blowers, but it was still pretty awesome!
 |
| Katie and her awesome bubble skills |
 |
| Take notice of the small half naked child behind me |
 |
| I had no idea he was right behind me. Notice his Dad is just taking pictures, oblivious that I may step on him. |
 |
Yep, I stepped on him. He was fine. oops. Also notice the girl in the bubble with the wardrobe malfunction. :)
|
The food was so yummy at the general store, that we went back this morning for their breakfast. I was very excited!!
2 comments:
i'm glad to see that your flannel is still making an appearance even though it's "sooo hot"! ha.
seriously, could you be more fun! I love these pics. I want to be like you...miss you in all of your childlike fun and humor...and your deep sense of what matters!
Post a Comment