This is just a quick post, but I wanted to let everyone know that I got the most wonderful part-time job at the local co-op grocery store in Carrboro. Its called Weaver Street Market and I work in the bakery and coffee area. Its a perfect job because not only do I get to interact with lots of people on a daily basis, but I also get free coffee and free food! For someone who is living on a small homestead in an old trailer, free food is an awesome thing! The grocery store sells quite a bit of local produce and other local products and is very conscious of the products they sell and support. It has a beautiful grassy area right in front of the store that people are always hanging out in talking, playing music, or hooping (yes hula hooping is huge here!)
The job is only part-time and helps me pay for my bills. Don't worry, it doesn't take away from my work on the farm. I'm very busy pulling weeds, cleaning old beds and getting them ready for new fall plants.
No comments:
Post a Comment