Monday, August 2, 2010

Free Food!!





So today when Barb went into town, she stopped by the local co-op grocery store (I have an interview there tomorrow for a position in the coffee shop! Woo!!) Around 3 pm they switch out the veggies and so she asked for them to use in our compost and to feed to the chickens. But instead, we ate it! There was so much yummy food in there, we are making a slow soup and some banana bread and who knows what else!! While cutting veggies, Barb and I got into the conversation of organic vs. local. The food we got was all organic, but was not locally grown. The mangos were from Mexico which is what sparked my interest in the subject. The mangos may of been grown by organic means, but it still was shipped here from Mexico using fossil fuels. That is an example of not being sustainable. This is something I hope to learn more about and i'll keep you up to date with my findings.













While we cut up the free veggies, Barb talked to us of her life. She talked about when she first got into doing  film and documentaries and her journeys along the way. Pretty great evening I might say.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I want to live there. With you. Doing all the things you're doing. I am jealous, to the max. What a blessing to be experiencing the things you are, and teaching all of us along the way. You, my friend, are amaaazing. Mean it.