Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Good riddance 23!

Honestly, my mind is a mess right now. Its flooded with so many thoughts and lessons and experiences and feelings, i'm not quite sure what I am suppose to right about today, but I know that I am suppose to write...so here goes.

So yesterday I turned the big 24. Its weird. For some reason as a young kiddo, I never really thought i'd make it past 21. I didn't think I would die, I guess I just couldn't fathom being that "old". Now here I am at 24; I made it! I'm still alive.

So seeing as i'm in a new season, I thought i'd share some of the things i've been learning or relearning...24 things in fact, in honor of my 24 years of having breath.

1. I love hibiscus mint tea. I'de never had it before moving here. It is everywhere in Austin and super delicious as well as good for you!
2.I love cooking for people, especially my girls. I already new I loved to cook, I just think this love has grown even more.
3.I am a person driven by my emotions. I get so involved in relationships and situations...I carry people and their stories with me all the time! (yet again, something I knew, but it has definitely become more evident.)
4. I have learned how to do the "Halle Berry", "boodie-do", and "surf and swag" dances. It might be more accurate to say i've learned what these things are...As far as dancing, I still just do my Meg air push-up dance.
5. I kinda enjoy running...weird. Maybe its because I run around Town Lake and I really just love that.
6. Apparently according to my girls, I have huge ears, ugly shoes, man feet, and i'm plain. Some of those statements were news to me.
7. I love working with clay and making pottery! Its been such a great challenge for me lately. Its reminded me how much I love working with my hands.
8. I have learned that I love breakfast tacos...like a lot!
9. I am very small. That is a HUGE lesson I continue to learn through work and being here in Austin. I am small and insignificant really in the grand scheme of things
10. Follow up to that lesson, I can't do this life thing alone. I need Jesus pretty much all the time.Yet again, another lesson I seem to keep learning over and over again.
11. The presence of someone (like a person) or something (like a dog) can make a world of difference on lonely days. Nothing even needs to be said. Its just a comfort knowing someone's there.
12. I continue to learn how to deal with money and be smart with what I have...cause honey, it aint much!


Ok thats only half of what i've learned.... I wanna go ahead and post this, so I'll have to give the next 12 next time I write...It'll keep all 2 of my readers on their toes, wanting more!

2 comments:

Jane Vasquez said...

I'm on my toes..(but not for too long because my calves start burning) waiting on the other 12!

lu -j

juliette said...

oh meg how i was i was you on your birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i was thinking about you in Uganda!! does that count????

i miss you!!! and love reading your blog!