So here are some pictures from my day today. I'm coming to realize that everyday has the potential to be an adventure or at least interesting in some regard. This morning we went to a neighbors home who has a CSA farm (community supported agriculture). Her name was Sherry and she was very sweet and had the most beautiful garden! I hopefully will be going back on Friday so i'll be sure to get some pictures of it. It was so picturesque and peaceful. While I was harvesting tomatoes and picking weeds, there were probably over 50 butterflies hanging around on the zinnias. Ugh just beautiful. Unfortunantly it started raining and there wasn't much left for us to do. While in the garden I was introduced to the horned tomato worm which is simply the coolest looking worm!
 |
| crazy worm lady!! |
 |
Trying to feed the chickens the horned tomato worm. They weren't interested.
|
 |
| My Trailer |
 |
| The outside of my humble abode |
 |
| Me and Buster watching the Bees |
 |
The outdoor shower
|
 |
Our outdoor Kitchen
So we had a chicken funeral for a chicken who has been in the freezer for who knows how long. It was attacked by a dog and didn't survive. We buried the chicken with a shell, a french coin, and a flower. It was a very official service. I was very emotional. (Ok i was just pretending) |
We finished our exciting day by baking apples from a neighbors tree and topping them with pecans that also came from a neighbors tree. They were delicious!
1 comment:
yum - those apples look like they were tasty.
Post a Comment