So after getting a brief tour, we headed to the neighbors to take a dip in the pond. I'm excited about this pond because I think it'll be great for swimming laps and we can use it whenever we want. I was exhausted when we returned to the homestead and went right to sleep. I fit perfectly on the little bed in the trailer and by perfect I mean if I were even a half inch taller, I'd be too big.
This morning when I woke up I thought I was locked in the trailer for almost two hours. I kept looking out my windows to see if anyone in the barn had woken up. When I finally saw someone, I yelled helplessly and turns out I was not locked in; I just don't know how to use a door.
It's going to take a while until I get into the swing of life out here. Things are so relaxed and slow paced, i'm simply not use to it. I love it though! I did a little work today in the garden searching for squash bugs and their eggs. When we found either the eggs or squash bugs, we squashed them! :) We will do this twice a day to keep them from ruining the crops. After working in the 98 degree weather I jumped in the outdoor shower (the only shower) which was amazing! I took some pictures but think I left my camera cord at home or its hidden away somewhere. As soon as I can, I will post pictures.PS- I don't have phone service out here so I think the best way to contact me is through email. I have use of that all the time.
3 comments:
amazing...so so fun to see what you have been up to. I think of you often and miss your hugs and laugh! Glad you blog!
Oh Meg...I love that you thought you were locked in the trailer. I would have loved to watch that situation unfold!!! So excited that you will be blogging. You better keep it up cause I will be checking! Love you!
Meggy Pie,
While reading this entire post, I was smiling. Largely. Happily. I cannot wait to see what this experience will unfold every day. So exciting. Love you always, always, always.
Lindy (aka soul sista)
ps-first lesson learned: how to open a door ;)
Post a Comment