
That is something that I do want to share with you all. I think because of the way that our grocery stores are set up and the things we've grown accustomed to, we forget that certain fruits and veggies don't grow all year long. They have particular seasons in which we can get them through natural means. Tomatoes are one of those. So we dry them here so to enjoy their goodness through the winter when they don't grow.
When all the work was done, I went to dinner with Tim, Enita, their son Tim, and Barb. It was really fun. We discussed North Carolina BBQ verses Texas BBQ and real authentic Mexican food. They are convinced they will convert me to loving their BBQ...I'm not so sure about that, but I'm all for broadening my food horizons.
I'm still unable to post my own pictures because I don't have my camera cord, but one of the other woofers is going to let me borrow hers so I can post pictures of where I'm living and the area and whatnot. As soon as it stops raining, I'll go around and get some good shots.
I'll leave you with a picture of the chickens hanging out in the rain.


No comments:
Post a Comment