![]() |
| One of the several Oaks over 300 years! |
Ok, I know that I'm writing a lot on here. Everyday. Sometimes twice. Too much? Well I'm sure this won't continue for the remainder of my time here, or it may...We shall see.
I had a bit of a freak-out moment today. I am really good at forgetting all the feelings and emotions associated with change. When I get the idea to do things or move new places or go on a new adventure, I simply remember the feelings of excitement and discovery! Well I remembered today the harsh feelings of separation and change. Nothing bad happened, I think it just hit me that this is going to be my life for the next six months. Maybe I am being too honest with my thoughts in this moment, but I think its important to share the ups and the downs; the goods and bads.
I was asked today by my sweet friend Lyndsay to remember why I am here:
I am here to learn more about sustainable living. To learn to be more connected to our food source and find value in planting and harvesting my own food. To learn new skills so that one day I can be of service to my community and my own family.
I am here to be a sponge in this environment and figure out if this is the path I'm headed down. Teaching others about the importance of good conservation and placing value in the small things that add up to the beautiful big!
I am here to love this community and be connected as much as I possibly can to the people here. To love people authentically through the authentic love of Christ.
I went swimming tonight in Joe's pond (he's a neighbor) and it was just a great way to end the day. I just felt the Lord's peace as the frogs were croaking the crickets were singing. The sky was beautiful and I just stared up at the changing colors and felt completely blessed and content.
I just feel so loved and supported by my wonderful family and friends. Knowing that you guys read this makes me feel so connected and not so far away. So thanks :)

No comments:
Post a Comment